A little fast paced, for me, but awesome course
by Billy Carson
The content of the course did not disappoint. I feel like I have a solid foundation to start building my tests off of, and that will become a better foundation after the professional add on is finished. For me, the pace was a little fast. I found myself watching every video twice towards the middle to end of the course. First time to pause and write my scripts along with the video and then the second time to have an uninterrupted training video on what is going on. Overall, though, I'm very impressed with the training and knowledge provided and will recommend to colleagues.
Very informative but arguably exceeds scope
by Chris Tryens
- Explanations and examples were very comprehensive and easy to understand
- Covers both the implementation of webdriverio and the high-level understanding of how Selenium and the WebDriver API work
- Learned things outside the scope of webdriverio that were useful to me (some additional functionality in chai.js, the fact that Node ships with its own testing functionality - assert - and the onchange npm tool)
- I had hoped it would be longer given the price
- It exceeded the scope of webdriverio. Although the areas that it touched on outside of webdriverio were useful to me, they may not be to more seasoned developers. There was (at least) one video that was entirely devoted to working with the testing frameworks mocha and chai. I was already familiar with these testing frameworks and although the refresher was nice and there was some additional pointers that I took away from the lesson, the depth with which it was covered struck me as inappropriate for a course on webdriverio.
Overall, I'm glad that I invested in the course. I've already recommended it to more junior developers on my team, but I wouldn't recommend it for more senior developers.
by Emiliano Meilan
I enjoyed this course a lot because it was what I expected.
I say this honestly. This isn't an automated review like your email but now i can make one, thanks to you.
More pageObjects stuff!
by Brandon Vaughan
I loved the course! The only thing keeping it five stars for me was I wanted a bit more on pageObjects, but that's just my personal opinion. Keep up the great work, Kevin. I look forward to more videos, including your YouTube channel.
by Paul Farrell
Very good course for Webdriver IO, however I wouldn't recommend this for complete beginners to programming. There seems to be this assumption that you're already aware of basic programming knowledge (variables, classes, strings, booleans etc.)
That would be the only constructive criticism I have for this course, other than that - I learnt a lot from this, mostly the section on Page Objects (I wish this was section was expanded upon as the vast majority of Selenium courses tell you how to interact with webpages but fail to capitalise on the actual framework/maintainability of your tests.)
I've purchased the professional edition too, so hopefully this is discussed further :)
Great job Kevin, I enjoy the pace of the videos and all the fluff is cut out unlike 90% of the Selenium courses on Udemy...
Much appreciate and look forward to more content on Webdriver IO.
by Pierre KANOHA
It is a great course.
The end was very hard for me as I'm not a DEV but I understood the concepts.
When I level up in JS I'll be able to deal with this subject with more ease.
Whatever, the course is more oriented for people with a great skills in JS.
by Bacon Baconski
One of the best courses on webdriverio and getting started with nodejs testing
by Becca Lloyd
Great course. Really simple to follow. Can't wait for the next chapters!
Short but sweet
by Hemraj Singh
Can't wait for more content. Great introduction